History of Jubilee Veterinary Centre
Founded in 1884 by Sam Bailie and based at the Old Cross, Newtownards, Jubilee Veterinary Centre as it is now known, originally serviced a large equine population of draught, working and race horses. After Sam’s death in 1937, Noel Ferguson took over the practice and like Sam, specialised in equine medicine.
As agriculture and mechanisation outgrew the practice location, coupled with a declining equine population, in 1972 Howard Whelan, Raymond Thompson and Bryan Muskett relocated JVC to 116 Movilla Road and this remained the site for companion animal care until 1987.
From 1987 to the present day, Jubilee Veterinary Centre is situated at the site on 3 Jubilee Road, Newtownards. A large renovation and extension was carried out in 2010 to expand and improve services for existing and future clientele.
The team is now headed up by Charlie Orr, Andrew Mayne, Michael Griffith, Gareth Torney and Gareth Bell.