Monday- Friday; 9am-12 noon, 2pm – 3:30pm, 5pm – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 12 noon
*By appointment only
Why Choose us?
- We are a long established reputable practice covering the full range of animals including exotic species with over 100 years of service to the people of Ards.
- We have excellent modern facilities, extensive parking and aspire to provide exceptional modern veterinary care from our friendly and experienced staff.
- We provide 24/7/365 veterinary cover to our own clients. You can speak to one of our vets out of hours and emergencies will be seen at our premises by one of our vets with all your pets medical history at hand. We do not send our clients to an out of area emergency provider.
- Our vets and nurses are committed to professional development and amongst our vets we have certificate holders in small animal surgery and medicine
- On site we retail quality, competitively priced petfoods and offer cat boarding and pet grooming facilities.
- We offer several free nurse clinics including weight watchers senior clinics and exotic clinics to our own clients
- Most importantly, as pet owners ourselves, we understand the pet owner bond and we care.
Getting a new puppy, kitten or rabbit?
What do you need to do?
- Get your puppy or kitten from a reputable source. See the parents if you can. Beware buying pets from websites or from anyone selling them to you from a motorway carpark at a discounted fee!
- Feed quality petfood. Here at Jubilee Veterinary Centre you get a free bag of Hills petfood when you get your pet vaccinated with us.
- Young pups and kittens need regularly wormed from birth. We retail quality wormers with minimal side effects- see section on dog and cat worming
- If you do not want to breed from your pet, neutering is recommended from 6 months in cats or in certain cases even earlier. In dogs we can castrate your dog from 6 months and ideally before 15 months. We recommend you neuter your bitch 6-8 weeks after her first heat/period. The procedure can be done later than this. Remember, neutering your bitch before her 3rd heat reduces the risk of breast cancer for her. Rabbits can be neutered from 4 months of age.
- Vaccination is very important
- Pups can be vaccinated from 6 weeks of age. 2 injections 2-4 weeks apart with the second one not before 10 weeks. Your pet can go out after 1 weeks. We recommend a yearly booster
- Cats can be vaccinated from 9 weeks of age. They need 2 vaccines 3 weeks apart and can go out after 1 week. We recommend yearly boostering
- Rabbits can be vaccinated from 5 weeks of age. We recommend a yearly booster.
- Pet Insurance. Jubilee Vet Centre recommends Petplan insurance covered for life.
- Finally we are really proud of our facilities and service and would be more than happy to show you round for a personal tour. Call the practice and make an appointment on 028 9181 2226