Monday- Friday; 9am-12 noon, 2pm – 3:30pm, 5pm – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 12 noon
*By appointment only
Why Choose us?
- We are a long established reputable practice covering the full range of animals including exotic species with over 100 years of service to the people of Ards.
- We have excellent modern facilities, extensive parking and aspire to provide exceptional modern veterinary care from our friendly and experienced staff.
- Our vets and nurses are committed to professional development and amongst our vets we have certificate holders in small animal surgery and medicine
- On site we retail quality, competitively priced petfoods and offer cat boarding facilities.
- We offer several free nurse clinics including weight watchers senior clinics and exotic clinics to our own clients
- Most importantly, as pet owners ourselves, we understand the pet owner bond and we care.
Getting a new puppy, kitten or rabbit?
What do you need to do?
- Get your puppy or kitten from a reputable source. See the parents if you can. Beware buying pets from websites or from anyone selling them to you from a motorway carpark at a discounted fee!
- Young pups and kittens need regularly wormed from birth. We retail quality wormers with minimal side effects- see section on dog and cat worming
- If you do not want to breed from your pet, neutering is recommended from 6 months in cats or in certain cases even earlier. In dogs we can castrate your dog from 6 months and ideally before 15 months. We recommend you neuter your bitch 6-8 weeks after her first heat/period. The procedure can be done later than this. Remember, neutering your bitch before her 3rd heat reduces the risk of breast cancer for her. Rabbits can be neutered from 4 months of age.
- Vaccination is very important
- Pups can be vaccinated from 6 weeks of age. 2 injections 2-4 weeks apart with the second one not before 10 weeks. Your pet can go out after 1 weeks. We recommend a yearly booster
- Cats can be vaccinated from 9 weeks of age. They need 2 vaccines 3 weeks apart and can go out after 1 week. We recommend yearly boostering
- Rabbits can be vaccinated from 5 weeks of age. We recommend a yearly booster.
- Pet Insurance. Jubilee Vet Centre recommends Agria Pet Insurance.
- Finally we are really proud of our facilities and service and would be more than happy to show you round for a personal tour. Call the practice and make an appointment on 028 9181 2226